Background

Monday, July 14, 2014

I Don't Think That Means What You Think It Means

Anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes with children knows that you absolutely cannot use the bathroom without interruption.  If it were a once in a while occurrence, it might be tolerable.  When it is every single time, it becomes much less endearing.

This is why parents establish rules about interrupting their bath, shower or other bathroom time.  I've told my children repeatedly to not bother me when I am in the bathroom unless it is an emergency.  By "emergency", I mean someone is bleeding, someone has passed out, or something is on fire.

Here are examples of what my children thought constituted an "emergency" this weekend during my bath or shower:

  • "G has the iPad and I want it."
  • "The TV is saying there is a new version of Netflix ready to download.  Can I click "okay"?"
  • "Biscuit (the dog) coughed but he's okay." 
  • "Can I ask you something when you get out?"
These "emergencies" may explain the current popularity of dry shampoo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment