Background

Monday, February 11, 2013

Be Your Own Valentine

I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day. The idea of showing love and appreciation is wonderful, but it seems like it has become more of a competition to see who is loved more. I can't WAIT for all the Facebook posts of "Look who got breakfast in bed!" or "Just got these gorgeous flowers at work!" (That was sarcastic in case you weren't sure.) I'll probably stay off FB that day.  :  )

I'm absolutely not complaining about my hubs and what he does/doesn't do to show love (hi, hubs!). I also think it is great to publicly build up the people you love. It is more the idea that this one day is some winner take all expression of love and people who get less than or nothing at all are somehow less loved. It's ridiculous.

Whether you have a romantic interest in your life or not, you have people in your life that love you. I hope you love you too! Instead of sitting around thinking how much you wish someone would give you flowers or candy, go buy yourself some flowers. Are those flowers any less beautiful because you bought them? Of course not. Buy some special candy or invite friends out to dinner. Or stay home, take a bath and watch Netflix. Whatever floats your boat. Be your own Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment