Background

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Birthday Weekend

Friday was my 37th birthday.  To celebrate, I took the day off from work and headed into Atlanta to Scott's Antique Market.  I have desperately wanted to go to this monthly market for three years but the weekends kept getting booked up with nonsense.  Like we really need to buy groceries or spend quality family time together.  Sheesh.  What better time to go than my birthday?  With my complimentary birthday Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato in hand (super yum), my socks were immediately blown off.  Beautiful accent tables, fine art, jewelry and rugs as far as the eye could see.  Immediate love.



















I would love this bench in our front entry way.  I'm a sucker for the church pew look- have no idea why given how extremely uncomfortable it is to sit on a wooden church pew for an hour.


And this table would look fab almost anywhere. There were tons of similar tables with marble, wood or metal tops.  

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to bring any of these treasures home, though I am pretty sure I spent thousands of dollars in my head.  I'm already plotting how to get Hubs to go next month.

In what is simultaneously kind of cute and a giant pain in the butt, S's birthday is the day after mine.  The only gift she wanted from us was an American Girl doll.  No real shopping or gift wrapping?  Done.  We drove into Alpharetta for an early dinner at American Girl Bistro and to let S pick her doll.  If you have never experienced the American Girl store and/or bistro, everything is pink.  There are high chairs for the dolls and if a kid doesn't have a doll, you can borrow one for the meal.  You aren't going to get out of there for less than $15 a person and you'll hear the "Happy Birthday" song approximately twenty-eight times.  S and the girls liked it and it was perfectly fine, but not how I would choose to spend my Saturday night.  S was thrilled to get her doll's ears pierced (seriously).  They took the doll into a back room and brought her out with earrings jammed in a minute later.  It was kind of creepy.  What goes on in that room?  I assume seeing how they pierce ears would be too traumatizing for small children to witness.  Regardless, it made S very happy and I am pleased to report that she is still playing with her doll two days later.  : )  Thank God there isn't another birthday until November.

No comments:

Post a Comment